Interviewing Your Real Estate Agent
Choosing the right real estate agent is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. That’s why I always recommend interviewing any agents you’re considering. Here is a list of basic but critical questions that you’ll want to know the answer to before you agree to work with someone.
• How many homes did you sell last year?
• Of these homes, how many were you representing buyers for versus sellers?
• What’s your average selling price?
• What’s your average days on market?
• What’s your average listing price versus actual selling price?
Pro Tip: This will tell you how good your potential agent is at negotiating! Remember, you want a great negotiator when selling a home to receive the maximum value for your property.
• Is this your full-time job?
• Do you work any additional jobs? If so, how many hours per week?
• What days and times will you be communicating with me, while my home is on the market?
• May I cancel my listing any time at no charge?
• Do I still owe you a full commission if I find a buyer myself?
Asking the smart questions you will ensure you find a real estate agent who works for your needs. Contact me online or call 505-417-0151!